Nintendo’s Big E3 conference came to a wrap today and, as expected, we heard a few 3DS announcements along with a reveal of Nintendo’s next home platform.
Zelda 25th Anniversary
- Link’s Awakening now available on 3DS Virtual Console.
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords coming to DSiWare this September. Reggie says it is free, but wasn’t clear on if for everyone or just those who attended the conference.
- Golden Wii Remote will be available for limited time at Skyward Sword’s Launch. Launching this Holiday season.
- Zelda Symphony Orchestra to go on tour around the world
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time soundtrack will be made to Club Nintendo members who register the 3DS game early.
- Mario Kart 3DS shown, confirming hang gliders, customizable karts and under water propellers
- Luigi Mansion 2 announced. Includes multiple mansions.
- Star Fox 3D for this September in North America
- Super Mario 3DS footage shown. Looks like a mix of Galaxy and Mario 64, as Miyamoto described. Includes Koopa Kids, Tanookie Suit and flags at the end of the level. Environments look miniaturized, probably due to being on a portable.
- Kid Icarus footage shown, including new characters. Includes multiplayer, which is 3 on 3 on the show floor at E3. New Kid Icarus card game on the way, and will support AR gameplay using 3DS’ cameras.
- Smash Bros being developed for Nintendo 3DS.
- New third party titles include Ace Combat 3D, Tetris Online, Lego City Stories, and Tekken 3D.
- Game demos for downloadable and retail titles later this year
Wii U (Wii Successor)
- Titled WiiU.
- Controller has a 6.2 inch touch screen. Two analog sticks, both of which are above the D-Pad and DS like buttons. L&R buttons, rumble, gyroscope, accelerometer, front facing camera, speakers and microphone.
- Play software on either your TV or on WiiU controller. Can also play games using both the TV screen and the controller.
- Handful of tech demos available, but no first party actual footage.
- Zelda tech demo showed along with a bird tech demo.
- Handful of prototypes on the show floor to show off tech. This includes a semi-port of New Super Mario Bros Wii that allows for Mii usage, a space shooter, arrow blocking, a title called Chase Mii, and more. No actual first party WiiU software on show floor today.
- Smash Brothers also confirmed for WiiU, will feature connectivity with the 3DS Smash Brothers.
- Third Party software line-up: Dark Stalkers II (confirmed for launch), Tekken, Lego City Stories, Batman Arkham City, Assassin’s Creed (just confirmed support), Ghost Recon Online, Dirt, Aliens Colonial Marines, Metro Last Light, and Ninja Gaiden 3. EA confirms support and mentions titles like Battlefield 3, but no actual confirmation.
- There was no Xenoblade during the press conference.